Saturday 23 February 2013

How to make Chocolate Cake Pops!


picasion.com
Here is a long time coming post on how to make Cake Pops! This is a reciped I have adapted slightly because a lot of the ones I have found were very fiddly and complicated so I have used parts of many recipes to make a simple one. There are two types of cake pops, the kind you make in a proper cake pop maker which give you proper balls of cake and then this kind, which are more like truffles.

For the chocolate sponge:
100g plain white flour
20g Cocoa Powder
140g caster sugar
1.5 tsp of Baking Powder
40g unsalted butter (margarine worksjust as well)
120ml milk
1 egg
0.25tsp Vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 170c
Combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg and beat until mixed. Sift in all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. In a jug mix the milk, egg and vanilla extract together (tip: add the milk first so you can measure it in the jug.) Spoon mixture into a cake tray and bake for approximately 2 minutes.

When your cake is baked leave it to coll and then brake it into crumbs using a fork or a mixer, I find a mixer works best as it gives you very fine crumbs. To make the little balls of cake you need a type of fondant or butter cream. I like to use the Betty Crocker fudge icing, but making your own butter cream from icing sugar and butter works just as well! In a bowl add the fudge icing to the crumbs, use as much or little as you like, I find that about half the tub works well. When the mixture is fairly sticky roll into small balls in your hands and place them on a baking tray. Now comes the best bit...

Melt 300g of Dark chocolate into a bowl, you can use any type of chocolate depending on what you want your cake pops ot look/taste like but I like the dark chocolate because it makes them look shiny and is easier to melt than milk chocolate. You can either put the balls on lolly sticks and then dip them in or dip them in the chocolate on a spoon and them put the sticks in, I find this easier because sometimes they fall off the sticks with the weight of the chocolate at first. Place them back on the baking try and leave in the fridge till set!

I hope my instructions weren't too confusing and let me know if you make the cake pops and how they turn out. Oh and odes the gif work at the top, when I look at it, it works and then stops which is strange?


15 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Will definitely try out this recipe :) Lovely post too! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I'm regretting giving up chocolate for lent now!!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, well you have more will power than me haha! xx

      Delete
  3. These look delicious and your blog is so gorgeous, easily one of my favourites. :)
    xx

    http://daydreamkatie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing Becky! :) I've been meaning to bake all of this week but have just been too lazy to, I think I might today now! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look sooo yummy! I think Ill try these out this weekend! :D Thankyou for sharing :)X
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Never had chocolate ones, so I need to try this haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so cute and delicious! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to make some cake pops!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so simple, yet they look amazing. I really want to try these now! xx

    theprettyseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look yummy, I love to make cake pops! But I make mine out of Oreos :) hehe. Ooh, I found inspiration from your blog, and made dark chocolate and raspberry muffins and erroneous loved them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. these look so tastey, will definatly be trying this recipe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing!
    w-a-n-d-e-r-l-u-s-t1.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look so yummy and your instructions were simple and easy to understand. Makes me want to try it out :)
    honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

);