Good afternoon lovelies! I was reading through some blog yesterday and I came across this recipe for Raspberry and white chocolate Muffins on Jade's blog and they looked is delicious. The recipe is originally from Nigella, but I had to adapt it a little as, like Jade, I also didn't have any white chocolate so I used dark chocolate chips instead.
- 300 grams Plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 150 grams Golden caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 225 ml Milk
- 50 grams Butter
- 100 grams Raspberries
- 110 grams white chocolate (I used Dark chocolate chips)
- Muffin cases (I recommend floral ones because... well.... I like them :) )
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Cut your Raspberries in half (I used frozen ones os that they didn't break up) and break up your chocolate if you are using a bar.
- Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl, then Stir the sugar in.
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- In a separate bowl (It's easier to use a jug and measure your milk into it first, then add the ingredients to the jug to save using a bowl and a jug!) crack the egg, whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
- Fold in the Raspberries and the chocolate, but be gentle so the Raspberries don't get squished.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (Nigella says 30 minutes, but I found this to be too long.)